Tonight, I am thrilled to share the wonderful work of Every Mother Counts by hosting a screening of their gripping documentary on maternal health, “No Woman No Cry” at one of my favorite Duluth venues, the Teatro Zuccone.
When I set out to run the New York City Marathon as a member of Team EMC, I hoped to do more than raise money for the projects and initiatives of Every Mother Counts in the United States and around the globe. I wanted to be able to raise awareness of the current state of maternal health. I wanted to be able to have a discussion with healthcare and birth providers in my community. I wanted to scream from the rooftops that the United States is currently ranked 60th when it comes to maternal mortality.
I am excited that this evening’s screening and panel discussion is finally here. Tonight, attendees will be able to watch “No Woman No Cry” and then chat with midwives, doulas, family practitioners and OB/GYN providers from our community. To top it all off, there are some amazing prizes to be raffled off including:
- An original 12″ x 12″ piece by Sarah Brokke titled, “Grow”
- A photo session + 24″ canvas print with the amazing Three Irish Girls Photography
- A one-on-one consultation, value of $125, from Carry Me North – the Northland’s own babywearing education service
- A $75 Sproutlings gift card and adorable stuffed animal
- A full package of pregnancy + labor + birth support from the Duluth Doula Collective, including labor support during your birth and 1 postpartum visit (valued at $650)
- Great gear from Grandma’s Marathon
- A $50 gift card to magic box photography
- A wellness package from Superior Being Acupuncture and Wellness
- A $50 gift card to Cam’s Homemade (lovely local knits)
- A $45 gift card to the Canal Park Brewery
- A 6 punch pass to Women Circling Women Prenatal Yoga
Join us for a night of talking, sharing, learning and of course…fun! Stay afterwards to continue the conversation over the deliciousness at the Zeitgeist Arts Cafe!